Get your Gen Z child reading more and doing better in the PSLE English exam
Are you struggling to get your upper primary child to be more well-read? i magazines are specially written to get every young Gen Z student reading more and doing better in all 4 papers of the PSLE English exam.
It contains #trending topics that would interest a young reader 10 years old and above. The articles are written by former MOE teachers and will increase general knowledge of your child, which is especially important to do well in the Oral and Writing components of the PSLE exam.
Each issue also contains QR codes to videos and audio clips to excite and engage a young person in digital ways for the below:
- Model examples of Oral stimulus-based conversations
- Listening Comprehension practice
- YouTube videos to supplement content discussed in the articles
i magazine will help every reader to:
- Be more knowledgeable about trends in Singapore and the world
- Expand their vocabulary
- Improve in writing skills, language use and comprehension skills, listening comprehension skills, and oral communication skills
Issue 17 - "Colours"
We begin the year with the vibrant theme of colours. From the arresting orange-red hues of the rising sun to the iridescent tails of peacocks, your child will learn not only how colours enhance the beauty of nature but also how it can sometimes be a cause of discrimination. Are some colours simply better or luckier than others?
Issue 18 -"Survival" (publishing in April)
Survival is at the core of evolution. This issue discusses the idea of survival in a wide variety of areas, from the tricks of survival in the animal kingdom, to the evolving methods of survival of Man to the simple hacks to survive school, exams, and life's crises. How has the nature of survival changed today?
Issue 19 - "Content Creators" (publishing in July)
This is the golden age of content, with many new online platforms and channels springing up. From social media contenders such as TikTok, Snapchat and Tellonym to local content creators such as TheSmartLocal, NOC and Our Grandfather Story, the amount of information we are bombarded with is overwhelming. To what extent do these content creators influence and shape the thinking of the young generation?
Issue 20 -"Farming Redefined" (publishing in August)
The idea of farming has evolved over time. Today's farming is not simply confined to idyllic villages but has been increasingly asserting its presence in the bustling cosmopolitan cities. Urban versions of farms, or miniature farms, have sprouted on rooftops of high-rise apartments, in balconies, and even in the shared spaces in the neighbourhood. More than flowers and 'money plants', people are interested in growing their own food, such as tomatoes, spinach and cabbage. What can the young learn from the art of cultivation?
Order your 2021 issues today!
- Newly published issues will be delivered straight to your mailbox in February, April, July, and August.
- Issues already published up till the point of purchase will be delivered within 5 working days of ordering (i.e. If a purchase is made in June 2021, the February and April issues will be delivered within 5 working days of ordering)